a. Cookies are small files that are placed on your desktop, notebook or mobile device by a website you visit. From this we can, for example, recognize whether there has already been a connection between your device and our websites, or which language or other settings you prefer. Cookies may also contain personal data.
- i. Most browsers are pre-set to automatically accept cookies. You can change this setting by activating the setting *do not accept cookies* in your browser
- ii. You can delete existing cookies at any time. You can find out how this works in detail in the instructions of your browser or device manufacturer.
- iii. For information on deactivating Local Shared Objects, see the following link:
Information on deactivating Local Shared Objects
d. We categorize cookies as follows:
- i. Essential cookies (type 1)
These cookies are absolutely necessary for the functions of the web pages. Without these cookies we would not be able to offer you services such as the vehicle configurator, for example.
- ii. Functional cookies (type 2)
These cookies facilitate the operation and improve the functions of the web pages. For example, we store your language settings in functional cookies.
- iii. Performance cookies (Type 3)
These cookies collect information about how you use our website. This enables us to identify which parts of our Internet offer are particularly popular and thus improve our offer for you. Please also read the section "Analysis of usage data".
- iv. Third-party cookies (type 4)
These cookies are set by third parties, e.g. social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+, whose content you can integrate via the "social plug-ins" offered on our websites. For more information on the use and function of the social plug-ins, please refer to section 4 of our Privacy Statement
We use the following cookies on our website.
2. Analysis of usage data; use of analysis tools
a. We would like to tailor the content of our websites as precisely as possible to your interests and in this way improve our offer for you. In order to identify usage preferences and particularly popular areas of the websites, we use the following analysis tool(s): Adobe Analytics and Optimizely.
b. When using these analysis tools, data may be transferred to servers located in the USA and processed there. Please note the following: In the USA, the European Union considers that there is no "adequate level of protection" for the processing of personal data in accordance with EU standards. However, this level of protection can be replaced for individual companies by certification according to the so-called "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield".
c. If you do not want us to collect and analyze information about your visit to our website using the analysis tools mentioned above, you can object to this at any time with effect for the future ("opt-out"). We implement your objection by setting an opt-out cookie in your browser. This cookie is only used to associate your objection. Please note that for technical reasons, an opt-out cookie only works in the browser in which it was set. If you delete the cookies or use a different browser or device, please opt-out again.
d. Below you will find information on the providers of the analysis tools we use and the respective opt-out options:
- i. Adobe Systems Inc. ("Adobe")
Adobe is certified according to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. To object to the analysis through the product Adobe Analytics, you can follow this link:
Install the opt-out cookie (Adobe Omniture)
Learn how Optimizely uses your data
Click here to opt out from Optimizely
- iii. Within our web presence, we use the Website-Custom-Audience-Pixel of Facebook Inc. 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This allows us to follow the Internet behavior of our users once they have viewed or clicked on a Facebook ad. Through this, we are able to evaluate the effectiveness of the Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes and can thus optimize our advertising measures. When you visit our website, this information is passed on to Facebook.
The data collected by us is anonymous and gives us no indication of the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook are able to use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s data use policy. You can allow Facebook and its partners to display ads on and off Facebook. Additionally, a cookie can be stored on your hard drive for this purpose.
Facebook’s data use policy provides information on the purpose and extent of the data that they collect, how this data is processed and used, the rights available to you and the settings that you can use to protect your privacy and can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php. And information on the settings for the display of personalized ads can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/about/.
Deactivate the Website-Custom-Audience-Pixel